To make the kitchen look more charming and chic, it is one of the ways that we can do is to apply the backsplash. There are a series of backsplash ideas for kitchen options that we can get by doing a search through multiple sources of information related magazines include scenery, architecture books, and the Internet. By applying the right backsplash ideas, then we can improve the overall kitchen and make the kitchen look inviting.
Basically backsplash is applied to create a focal point and make more charming kitchen decor. There is a wide selection of materials that we can apply to present a beautiful and attractive backsplash ranging from tiles to metal. Everything will depend on how the creativity of each homeowner in presenting ideas in accordance with the desired backsplash.
Here are some backsplash ideas for kitchen that we can apply to help improve the look of the kitchen.
(1) Applying contemporary style – if we want to apply this style, then we will need a backsplash material that is able to support the view that using metal materials such as tin or stainless steel. In addition, we also can use the tiles with a smooth texture and a smooth surface. Mix the material with kitchen countertops made of granite and produces a charming contemporary look. Make sure the material we choose is easy to clean, and no rough appearance of the material.
(2) Apply a Mediterranean style – this is one style that will take us on a pleasure to play with a number of bright colors. We can choose to use colorful tiles in various shades of green and blue to strengthen the character of the Mediterranean in the kitchen while adding eagerly looks that pleasant. Greed backsplash with the Mediterranean style with earth tone colors and get dazzling display.
(3) Applying the classic style antique – for that we can choose to use a material made of stone, marble, or chipped tiles with natural colors like brown or beige. In addition, we can also choose to use the backsplash with material of copper or tin which will strengthen the antique character in the kitchen.
In addition to implementing backsplash ideas for kitchen above, make sure we pay attention to the following points:
- Try to align the kitchen backsplash with other colors that are in the kitchen and produce a harmonization of them.
- Make sure the color of backsplash able to coordinate well with the color of kitchen countertops and kitchen cabinets. Make sure the color is applied not to compete.
- Makes sure we do not use too many colors and textures on the backsplash.
- Make sure we always keep the design simple backsplash always taking into account the costs that we will spend on the manufacture and maintenance.